With low-profile frames and anti-fog lenses, ESS FirePro-1971™ structural firefighting goggles are the most advanced on the market. This goggle series is compliant with NFPA 1971-2013 Edition, including the 5-minute, 500°F oven test. It is also U.S. Federal OSHA compliant, exceeds the requirements of ANSI Z87.1-2010, and is considered Primary Eye Protection by NFPA 1500. All components of ESS FirePro-1971™ goggles are heat and flame resistant.
The FirePro-1971 EX-2™ model features a two-piece strap with Snap-on/Snap-off mounting brackets that easily secure to brimmed helmets, no drilling required:
This patented system allows the goggles to be kept on the front or back of a helmet, or quickly removed and stowed in a pocket.
This configuration is recommended for use with or without face shields.
Other Key Features:
- Patented ESS Speed-Clip™ strap system makes adjusting the tension of FirePro™ goggle straps quick and easy, even with gloves on.
- ClearZone™ FlowCoat lens treatments provide an optimal combination of anti-scratch coatings on the outside of the lens and anti-fog coatings on the inside.
- Low-profile frame with wide wrap minimizes helmet interference and maximizes peripheral vision.
- Full-perimeter ventilation and filtration system further minimizes lens fogging while filtering airborne particles, dust, and debris.
- Extra-thick, 2.8 mm high-impact Profile™ Series military goggle lenses that meet and exceed ANSI Z87.1-2010 and CE.
- Lenses provide 100% UVA/UVB protection and distortion-free optical clarity.
- A prescription eyewear solution is available for ESS FirePro™ goggles: the ESS U-Rx™ Insert. This prescription carrier is cross-compatible with ESS Cross-Series™ and ICE™ Eyeshields, providing an Rx solution that can be used across numerous ESS eye pro platforms: